Catastrophic Injuries in New York
The effects of Catastrophic injuries can leave victims significantly impaired, requiring long-term medical care, occupational therapy, and rehabilitation. For accidents that result in catastrophic injuries, individuals often pursue a personal injury claim and settlement to cover current and future medical expenses. At Robinson & Yablon, P.C, we have over 100 years of combined experience representing individuals who have suffered catastrophic injuries due to negligence in New York. We prioritize your health above all, and are committed to getting you the medical attention needed to help you recover. If you’ve recently been involved in a catastrophic accident in New York City, you can rely on Robinson & Yablon, P.C to guide you through your personal injury claim, representing your best interests every step of the way.
Common Serious and Catastrophic Injuries
The most common injuries involved in personal injury lawsuits for catastrophic injuries include the following:
- Amputation. When an individual loses a limb, they often experience impairment or loss of mobility.
- Back Injury. There are a variety of back injuries, which include chronic pain, fractured vertebrae, herniated discs, lower back pain, pinched nerves, and whiplash. After catastrophic accidents, many individuals experience chronic back pain, which lasts for an extended period of time.
- Brain Injury. Injury occurs to the brain if an individual’s head is quickly jolted or their head is substantially impacted. Traumatic brain injuries have the potential to create life-long disabilities, inhibit an individual’s mental abilities, reduce physical actions, and greatly impair social cognitive abilities. Individuals who receive severe brain injuries often require extensive physical care.
- Multiple Bone Fractures. A single bone fracture frequently requires weeks or months of proper treatment to heal.
- Serious Burn Injuries. Severe burns, such as 3rd degree burns have the potential to cause scarring and disfigurement, painful skin conditions, and limit an individual’s ability to maintain temperature.
- Skull Fracture. Sometimes, trauma can cause an individual’s skull to fracture causing damage to blood vessels, membranes, and the brain. Workers often receive brain injuries after construction related fall accidents for example, or being struck by a heavy object (like a crane). New York construction workers are at a particular risk of receiving skull fractures.
- Spinal Cord Injury. Damaging an individual’s spinal cord can have substantial and drastic effects on the their life. Spinal cord injuries have a tendency to greatly impair an individual’s ability to move. Sever cases may lead to paralysis.
Experienced New York Personal Injury Attorney’s
These catastrophic injuries are often a result of construction accidents, train accidents, and car accidents. If you or a loved one has recently been involved in a serious accident, contact our team of reputable personal injury lawyers at Robinson & Yablon, P.C to advocate for your rights against the negligent party responsible.