New York Construction Site Accidents
Construction sites often prove to be dangerous and can lead to catastrophic injuries. While New York state labor laws and safety regulations are supposed to make construction job sites safe for workers, poor safety standards, unsafe job sites, and unsafe practices and/or neglecting to address safety concerns continue to be a leading cause of construction site accidents.
There may be more than one person or entity responsible for an injury sustained on a construction site. Moreover, proving that a company or a company’s employee acted carelessly or recklessly can be challenging. In your time of need you can trust the construction accident attorneys of Robinson & Yablon, P.C to put our 50 years of combined personal injury experience to work to help you receive compensation for injuries sustained on a job site accident.
Common Types of New York Construction Injuries
You may have a claim for monetary damages following a construction-related injury if you suffered:
- Falls: Falls from any height can cause spine, neck, and other head injuries that can leave you permanently injured. Ladders and scaffolds can be the cause of fall injuries or fall fatalities if the equipment is defective or if safety devices like fall arrest systems are not provided.
- Electrocution: Temporary electricity sources are erected on many construction sites in order to provide electricity to lights and power tools. If these sources are not properly set up and grounded, if wires are exposed, or if these sources are placed near conductive materials like water, a worker can suffer severe burns or fatal injuries in an electrocution accident.
- Machinery accidents: Crane accidents, such as when a crane drops a heavy load, can easily result in fatalities or catastrophic injuries. However, other machinery such as dump trucks and bulldozers can cause equally-catastrophic harm to workers.
- Falling Objects: Falling equipment and construction materials are dangerous and can lead to severe injuries, especially if the object falls from a very tall height. In New York, innocent bystanders and pedestrians are especially vulnerable to these accidents when passing by tall buildings undergoing development. If you are a construction site worker or pedestrian injured by a falling object from a building, contact Robinson & Yablon, P.C for a consultation from our team of experienced construction accident attorneys.
Take Action After a Construction Site Accident
The moments immediately following your construction site accident are critical. Your health and your legal rights are in jeopardy, and you must take prompt action. We encourage you to:
- Seek immediate medical treatment if you are injured;
- As soon as practicable, notify your employer of the incident;
- Follow through with all your doctor’s directions;
- Contact a construction accident lawyer at Robinson & Yablon, P.C immediately.
The personal injury attorneys at Robinson & Yablon, P.C are committed to protecting the rights of injured construction workers in New York and surrounding cities. Our personal injury firm has investigated hundreds of construction site injuries, and in so doing have helped our clients take decisive action against those responsible for their injuries. Before you sign any statement offered to you by your employer or an insurance representative, speak with us at Robinson & Yablon, P.C by calling (212) 725-8566 today.