Motor Vehicle Accidents
New York Motor Vehicle Accidents
In the blink of an eye, a driver’s inattention or error in judgment can turn your trip home or to the grocery store into a nightmare. Serious auto crashes can cause painful and debilitating injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, neck and spine injuries, broken bones, and internal trauma that can require extensive medical treatments and extended periods of rest in order to heal. This time away from work may lead to lost wages or unemployment.
The car accident lawyers at Robinson Yablon Cooper, LLP know that the successful settlement or resolution of your car accident injury claim is essential to you being able to recover from your injuries and move forward. We have successfully represented countless car accident injury victims in New York and are prepared to help you as well.
Causes of Car Crashes in New York and Resulting Injuries
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that over 32,000 individuals were killed in serious auto accidents and catastrophic collisions in 2013. Thousands more suffered significant injuries. Almost all of these collisions could have been avoided if one or more involved drivers did not:
- Drive while distracted by text messages, phone calls, or other distractions that took the driver’s mind, eyes, and/or body off of the task of driving safely;
- Consume alcohol or drugs before driving. Even prescription drugs and over-the-counter drugs can impair a driver and make it dangerous for the driver to get behind the wheel;
- Disregard traffic signs, traffic lights, or traffic control devices;
- Attempt to drive without having first obtained adequate rest; and/or
- Drive aggressively or recklessly.
After your car crash, you may find yourself with:
- Broken bones and ribs;
- Ligament and cartilage injuries;
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Amputation/loss of limb injuries;
- Head, neck, and spine injuries; and/or
- Traumatic brain injuries.
Tips for Motorists Injured in an Auto Injury Accident in New York
Your health is of paramount importance after a car crash. Seek medical assistance and do not refuse treatment or transportation to a hospital unless you are absolutely certain you are not injured. Make sure you or someone else calls 911 and a police report is taken at the scene.
Once your health has been secured, call the automobile accidents lawyers at Robinson Yablon Cooper, LLP to begin the process of obtaining compensation for any injuries you may have sustained in the accident. We will carefully but quickly investigate your case and help you pursue a claim for monetary damages against any driver whose carelessness or recklessness caused your crash and injuries. Call (212) 725-8566 as soon as possible and speak with the car accident lawyers at Robinson Yablon Cooper, LLP