New York Pedestrian Accidents
Being struck by a car while crossing the street can cause serious, even life-threatening, injuries. Traumatic brain injuries, head, neck, and/or spinal cord injuries, broken bones, internal trauma, and hip injuries are but a few of the injuries that can cause physical pain, financial loss, and mental anguish and suffering. Contact the personal injury attorneys at Robinson & Yablon, P.C to protect yourself and your legal right to seek compensation.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in New York
Any collision between a pedestrian and a car (even a bicycle) can knock the pedestrian down. A number of factors will determine the severity of the pedestrian’s injuries, including:
- The pedestrian’s age and general health at the time of the collision;
- Whether the pedestrian is “thrown” or projected for some distance before striking the ground;
- The part of the pedestrian’s body that strikes the ground first;
- The speed of the striking vehicle.
Collisions between pedestrians and cars are typically results of:
- Driving while distracted (texting while driving or driving while eating);
- Driver Inattention;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs; and/or
- Speeding, driving recklessly, or violating traffic laws and traffic control signals.
If a pedestrian is knocked down and injured due to being struck by a car, the pedestrian may be entitled to compensation.
What To Do After a New York Pedestrian Knockdown Accident
If you or a loved one has been knocked down in a collision with a car, contact Robinson & Yablon, P.C for an effective but compassionate personal injury legal team with over 100 years of combined experience. You may be entitled to recover monetary damages to compensate you for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses you will likely face. Call Robinson & Yablon, P.C at (212) 725-8566 today.