Traumatic Brain Injuries
New York Traumatic Brain Injuries
A traumatic brain injury can leave you or a loved one with life-altering complications. Victims of traumatic brain injuries and their families may find themselves paying extremely high costs over the course of the victim’s life for medical expenses, home healthcare services, assistive devices, psychological counseling, and other related costs.
At Robinson & Yablon, P.C, we have over 100 years of combined experience in personal injury law and we know the emotional pain and financial “hurt” traumatic brain injuries can cause. That is why we are committed to helping TBI victims whose injuries resulted from another’s negligent actions recover compensation from the at-fault entity.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Robinson & Yablon, P.C is experienced in handling a variety of traumatic brain injury cases, including those resulting from:
- Blunt-force trauma, where a solid object (like a board, beam, or floor) strikes the head;
- Piercing trauma, in which a foreign object actually pierces the skull and enters the cranial cavity; and/or
- “Whiplash,” in which forces cause the head to rapidly move back and forth (such as what occurs in a rear-end car collision or head-on car accident).
Moderate and severe traumatic brain injuries frequently result in a loss of consciousness and/or amnesia. In addition, any victim who suffers a TBI may experience:
- Nausea and/or vomiting;
- Fatigue and sleepiness;
- Mood swings;
- Fogginess or difficulty in concentrating.
In most cases, we strongly advisable a victim who suffers a head injury to seek prompt medical attention. Generally, the sooner that a victim receives medical attention the better his or her prognosis and the fewer complications he or she may experience further along.
Personal Injury Accidents Resulting in Traumatic Brain Injuries
Few traumatic brain injuries occur under circumstances that could not be foreseen; instead, the nelgigence of another usually results in a personal injury accident that leads to a TBI:
- Birth injuries, where a doctor applies too much pressure to the child’s head during delivery or the child is deprived of oxygen during delivery;
- Motor vehicle crashes, especially crash victims who are riding a motorcycle or bicycle and who are struck by a car or truck;
- Slips and falls or trips and falls, where the victim hits his or her head on a floor or other hard surface;
- Sports-related injuries (such as football, soccer, baseball, bicycling, and other similar pursuits).
Contact Robinson & Yablon, P.C Immediately After a Traumatic Brain Injury
When you or your loved one suffer a TBI because of the negligence of another, you may be entitled to receive compensation in the form of a settlement. At Robinson & Yablon, P.C, we are committed to helping victims hold the negligent party responsible for their injuries accountable for the financial harm they cause, and we will help guide you through the recovery process. Call Robinson & Yablon, P.C at (212) 725-8566 if you or a loved one have been diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury following a car accident, slip and fall, or other injury incident.