New York Wrongful Death Cases
The sudden untimely death of a family member or loved one is a painful, traumatic event. When that death is caused by the negligence of another party, surviving family members may be entitled to obtain compensation.
Funeral expenses, lost wages, medical bills, and emergency room costs are just a few of the financial obligations that can wreak havoc on families at a time when they are most vulnerable. A skilled New York personal injury attorney at Robinson Yablon Cooper, LLP can help obtain financial compensation from the negligent party, allowing the family to focus on healing.
Robinson Yablon Cooper, LLP’s team of experienced and compassionate New York personal injury attorneys have helped numerous families in New York following the unexpected death of a loved one, and will put their knowledge and resources to use to assist you during this tragic time.
Causes of Wrongful Death in New York
A New York wrongful death case may arise following the death of a person when that death is caused by the negligence of another, such as:
- Car crashes: Each year, thousands of motorists and vehicle passengers die in traffic collisions because another driver disobeyed clearly established traffic laws or failed to safely operate his or her vehicle. Robinson Yablon Cooper, LLP has significant experience in successfully resolving wrongful death cases arising from car crashes, especially those car crashes.
- Construction Accidents: With the various dangers that arise on a construction job site, fatal construction accidents stemming from falls, or crane accidents are not uncommon. We’ve helped dozens of families in the aftermath of the wrongful death of a loved one resulting from a construction site accident and can put this experience to work for you.
- Medical malpractice: Our firm has over 50 years of combined experience in investigating and prosecuting wrongful death claims in which the patient’s death is caused by an avoidable medical error or mistake.
- Birth injuries: The birth of a child is supposed to be a joyous occasion, but that joy can turn to heartache if the obstetrician and/or medical staff fails to deliver your child in accordance with reasonable delivery practices. The grief and financial loss that accompany wrongful deaths as a result of a birth injury are profound, but Robinson & Yablon, P.C is available to provide you with compassionate and definitive guidance to help you successfully navigate this period in your family’s life while protecting your legal rights.
- Dangerously Designed Products: Millions of products are recalled in the United States, ranging from automobiles to food processors. In some instances, this recall fails to prevent a death and as a result, families may seek a personal injury law firm to advocate against the negligent party responsible. Our extensive experience in defective products law will enable us to conduct a thorough investigation to defend your rights and help you claim the damages your family is entitled to.
Contact a New York Wrongful Death Attorney
Robinson Yablon Cooper, LLP will help you take prompt and decisive legal action in the aftermath of a loved one’s unexpected death. New York wrongful death lawsuit statute of limitations provides a limited amount of time to file your wrongful death claim, so we encourage you to contact Robinson Yablon Cooper, LLP today at (212) 725-8566 for an initial consultation.